Big and Tall Horses from all over the world are the topic of today’s podcast. History has shown us that the big breeds of the past and of the present were created to not only help us in the fields but make some great riding companions. We look to Guinness’s book of records to find the tallest living horse as well as some monstrous horses from the past. So how big is big? 21 hands high? maybe 3300 lbs? This is just a sample of the biggest horse ever. With a name like Mammoth you better be big. Join Heather as she shares some of the biggest and tallest horse breeds in the world in EQA episode # 237.
Do you have a story to tell? Or perhaps you know a special horse breed or horse culture or you have participated in an interesting sports or event? Feel free to contact us to become part of the Equestrian Adventuresses Podcast, the show for women who love horses, travel and adventure!
On the Show today:
Your Equestrian Adventuresses Podcast Host, horse rider, seasoned traveller and trail rider!
Don’t forget to check out the resources section in this article!
- Meet Big Jake a Guinness Book record holder
- Sampson the 21.25 hand 3360 lb Shire
- Budweiser Clydesdale requirements
- Best breed for beginner riders
Thank you for tuning in and happy trails!
How Successful Solo Females Travel The World Confidently Without the Threat of Predators, Sex Offenders, Criminals or Con Artists.
Don’t you want to… Travel the World SAFELY as a Solo Female? Go ANYWHERE hassle-free Enjoy your vacactions and getaways without FEAR or STRESS? Walk down unfamiliar streets CONFIDENTLY? Be UN-MESS-WITH-ABLE?
1000 Mile Challenge
Our team of Equestrian Adventuresses has been so energised and motivated by all the Speakers from our Award-Winning Podcast and Adventures on Horseback Workshop that we decided to created a “Ride 1,000 Miles Challenge” for you to forward your equestrian journey and have some adventures with your horse at home or wherever you are!
Join this challenge if:
- You have your own horse or have access to a horse / multiple horses you can ride for this challenge
- You Want to a solid, workable Plan to follow
- You Want a tribe to ride with “virtually” for support
- You have a green horse, an old horse, or anything in between!
- You Want to go further and try new things
- You Want to create an unshakeable bond with your horse unlike any other
- You Want to HAVE FUN, & more importantly, you want your horses to HAVE FUN!
- You’re looking to “spice things up” & step outside your comfort zone
- You WILL not focus on the destination, but on the JOURNEY
EQA Horse Riding in Every State and Country Guide
We just launched the 2021 edition of our Travel Guide Book for Equestrians!
Available on Amazon, Kobo, Barnes and noble, and more as paperback and hardback coffee table books, however as a special gift to our members and as a big thank you for being a part of the community we are giving you a copy for free!
Click here to grab your free book: Horse Riding in Every US State & Country Book